Hamworthy Pumps is moving in on the North American market with American Ship Repair as a local agent
American Ship Repair (ASR) is Hamworthy Pumps’ new agent in the US. The company is based in Brooklyn, New York, and was established in 1951.
The partnership agreement was concluded in the summer of 2020, and its results are already showing.
– We already have some great enquiries and orders for pumps needed for system retrofits for BWTS and EGC, along with more standard spare parts requests and orders for our existing installed pumps, says Alex Dickinson, regional sales manager Americas at Hamworthy Pumps.
Alex Dickinson mentions that the new American partner offers a broad range of solutions to the problems and challenges faced by customers. As well as in the US, ASR also have good contacts and relationships through their affiliate offices in Shanghai and Athens.
– ASR have a long history in providing goods and services to the marine industry, in particular engine room equipment, drydocking services and environmental regulation compliance solutions. The addition of Hamworthy Pumps to this range and their existing principals in other product lines made sense for all parties, says the regional sales manager.
– Their great reputation and extensive contact list within the industry is also of great benefit to us.
Alex Dickinson defines the partnership as a win-win situation. The pump-maker will serve existing customers in the USA through local support, service and sales.
– Together we will open doors to new customers and projects which we may not have been aware of otherwise, as until now, we had no local presence in the US to serve the commercial market, says Alex Dickinson.
ASR also represent EGC and BWTS manufacturers in the US, so the addition of a pump manufacturer to their range makes sense, when it comes to offer customers complete solutions.
ASR also have high expectations for the partnership, and it will be beneficial on many levels. The partnership is a win, win, win, says President Peter Gianopulos, American Ship Repair.
As the industry continues to focus on reducing shipping’s environmental impact, ASR has actively added innovative solution providers to its portfolio. Today the environmental compliance equipment business in scrubbers and Ballast Water Treatment Systems (BWTS) has become a larger part of the company’s overall scope.
– We are trusted by owners for our knowledge and experience in these areas as well as drydocking and other related projects. This offers an opportunity to promote Hamworthy pumps, as often these projects include new pump installations as well as retrofits, says Peter Gianopulos.
– We aim to make Hamworthy the “go-to” maker in the market for innovative, high-quality solutions augmented by responsive local support.
To know more about ASR: http://var/www/hamworthy-pumps.com/public_html.asrny.com/