- Responsible for the commercial, technical selection both Hamworthy and 3rd party replacement pump) and organizational processing / construction of quotations for replacement pump/ coming from agents and direct customers.
- Follows up on active quotation and expands the scope. Optimizes and creates opportunities to, for example, offer additional articles and any field service to meet the Company growth strategy.
- Negotiates independently with the customer regarding scope, payment conditions, discounts, and Incoterms.
- Provides “front line” technical support to customers and suppliers (where applicable).
- Responsible for the contract review, and checking of orders received against quotations made, liaising with customers/technical authorities as required, ensuring supply chain is fully aware of all order deliverables(certification/package/ non-standard commercial terms etc).
- Ensures the correct processing of the quotations and orders, reports and analyses in the systems (Jeeves). Delivers price and market information proactively to the internal organization and collects data for monthly reporting to management.
- Direct and active approach of clients with the aim of checking existing installation and customer data, discussing, and negotiating both new and outstanding offers and investigating commercial opportunities to expand the scope. Quotation follow-up to raise the hit rate.
- Responding to market developments and competitive relationships and translating these into sales activities.
- Will proactively review existing working processes in accordance with Operational Excellence principles
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Commercial background with minimum 3 years’ sales experience from similar position.
- Experience and understanding of centrifugal pumps and pump applications will be preferred.
- Knowledge of technical specifications of the products and pump systems.
- Knowledge of the Jeeves ERP software, Microsoft Office, Intelliquip
- Customer oriented and flexible.
- Strong team player who is able to work with people across functions and locations.
- Proactive individual with an entrepreneurial mentality.
Note: This role will be based in Poole, UK.
Please send your job application to firstname.lastname@example.org