Our heritage - your future
Our story began in 1889 by Eurek Mek in Norway. The first centrifugal pump was delivered in 1925. After that, Eureka annexed to the Kværner Group and was renamed to Kværner-Eureka in 1987.
The Hamworthy business was founded in 1914 on Poole Quay in Dorset and quickly established a reputation in the marine engineering business. It began life as a Pumps & Compressors business.
In 1993 Hamworthy acquired Svanehøj. Svanehøj’s technologically advanced deepwell cargo pumps for gas carriers and product/chemical tankers are known and installed in fleet world-wide.
Hamworthy acquired the ships’ equipment division of the Norwegian Kværner Group in 1998 and renamed to Hamworthy KSE.
Hamworthy announced the commencement of dealings of its Ordinary Shares on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange. From July of 2004 Hamworthy continued to grow profitably by recognising a number of previous product development initiatives.
Hamworthy Pumps and SVANEHØJ were acquired by Wärtsilä, a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets.
Hamworthy Pumps and SVANEHØJ were acquired by the investment company Solix, and Svanehøj Group A/S was founded as the parent company. SVANEHØJ and Hamworthy Pumps became independent brands again, and an ambitious growth strategy was launched.